Section 3. User cabinet
3.1. Login to the User's Office
1. In order to access the User's Office, you need to be logged into your account on the Platform Site.
2. Click on the "Join" button, which is located in the upper right corner of the Site.
3. Enter the e-mail you provided when registering in the “Email” field.
4. In the Password field, enter the password you have selected.
5. Click the "Login" button.
Once you are logged in to your account, the "Join" link will disappear in the upper right corner of the Site page and a temporary profile icon will appear.
You will need to click the temporary icon link in the upper right corner to enter the User's Office.
There will be a number of links in the menu you called up.
The link that will take you to your personal page on the Platform Site is My Profile.
This is how a public page of a user who has just logged in looks like:
To access your administrative UI, you need to click the Edit button located in the center of the page.
3.2. Administrative interface of the user's office
It looks like the personal account of a user who has just registered:
User data in his Cabinet is divided into several blocks:
1. Registration data
2. Contact information
3. Profile cover
5. Competencies and interests
6. A few words about yourself
Block 1: Registration data
The "Registration data" block contains basic information for working with the system.
Let's consider the block "Registration data" by fields.
1. Photo - in the "Photo" field is necessary, but not necessary to upload your photo.
2. Email - This field displays the email address you provided when registering. This field cannot be changed.
3, Nickname - in this field you can choose the name of your page on the platform. This is what will appear in your browser's search bar:
If you do not want to choose a unique nickname that you like, the platform will automatically pick it for you.
4, Date of Birth - Here you can specify the date of your birth. Your date of birth is not public, and is used solely to more accurately target the information for you.
5. Gender - Here you can choose your gender. Data is neither mandatory nor public, and is solely used to target information more accurately for you.
6. Name - This field indicates your name. This field is required and is public.
7. Patronymic - This field specifies your patronymic name. This field is neither mandatory nor public.
8. Last Name - This field specifies your last name. This field is required and is public.
9. Social status - In this field you can choose your social status. This field is required and is public.
Social statuses are available to choose from:
- Public figure
- Civil servant
Block 2: Contact details
The Contact Information section contains the user's contact information.
Let's consider the block "Contact information" by fields:
1. Country - This field contains information about your country of residence. Not a required field. The information in this field is not public.
2. Postal code - a field that indicates the postal code of your place of residence. Not a required field. The information in this field is not public.
3. Area - a field where you can specify the area in which you reside. Not a required field. The information in this field is not public.
4. City - a field in which you can live. Not a required field. The information you enter in this field is public and displayed on your profile page.
5. Street - a field where you can enter information about the street where you live. Not a required field. The information in this field is not public.
6. House number - house number where you live. Not a required field. The information in this field is not public.
7. Apartment number - here you can specify the number of your apartment. Not a required field. The information in this field is not public.
8. Phone - your phone number. Not a required field. The information in this field is not public.
9. Links - This data block allows you to add links to your site and social media pages. This is not a required field. The information you enter in this field is public and displayed on your profile page.
Here's an example of how to fill in the fields of the Contact Information block:
Here's what your public page looks like when you fill out all the contact information boxes:
Block 3: Profile Cover
In the Profile Cover block, you can change the image that will be displayed on the public page of your profile.
Information about how you can add or change the profile cover image will be described separately in the section: 3.4. Download profile cover
Block 4. Security
In the Security block, the user is given the opportunity to have their profile private, as well as to change their password.
By default, the profile of each new registered user is public.
To stop the profile from being displayed publicly, just remove the "My profile can be seen by everyone" label.
You must reinstall your profile to become a public label again.
Block 5. Competencies and interests
In the section "Competences and interests" the user has the opportunity to indicate his expert competences, and to subscribe to the topics of mailings that he is most interested in.
For example, we have specified in the Competences field those subjects in which our conditional user considers himself an expert.
And in the "Interests" field, you specify the topics of events on the Platform in which we would like to participate.
Block 6. A few words about yourself
There is one box in this block where you can tell about yourself.
In order for your changes to be saved, be sure to click the "Save" button at the end of the Cabinet page:
3.3. Edit profile photo
The default platform adds an illustration to your profile. To change it to your own photo, you need to:
1. Hover your mouse over the image in the photo frame of your profile.
2. Click the red square that appears with a hint “Delete”.
3. The platform asks for confirmation of photo deletion:
4. Click "OK".
5. The look of the field where your photo should be will change:
6. Click the camera icon in this box. Hint when hovering "File not selected".
7. Choose the one on your computer that you think is most relevant.
8. Click on the "Select" button and the photo will be uploaded to your profile. When choosing a photo, note that it should be square.
If the photo is not square, the system will crop it automatically.
9. Be sure to click the "Save" button to save your profile changes.
All. Your profile photo has been changed.
3.4. Download profile cover
To add a cover to your profile, you need to:
1. Click on the "camera" icon in the "Profile Cover" block in the User's Office:
2. Select the image on your computer that you think most closely matches the cover function for your profile.
3. Click on the "Select" button and the photo will be uploaded to your profile.
When selecting an image, note that it should be rectangular with a 16: 9 aspect ratio.
If the image does not fit, the system will crop it automatically.
3.5. Public interface or user page
This is what the test page public page we created to demonstrate the capabilities of the system looks like:
On the public page of the user we see:
1. Last name and first name of the user
2. Social status of the user
3. City where the user resides
4. Edit Button to go to the administrative interface (Button is active only for the user - the owner of the logged in page).
5. Links to the user's social networks
6. Information about a user's public activity, including his or her attitude to the test organization
7. User summary